Hey early bird!
The community art counselling training starts on 18 January 2022
You will be notified via email a week prior to commencement. Thank you for your support.
Group activity 10: Significant object
In a large group:
- Bring a meaningful object from home … one that is associated with fond memories, one that brings comfort, one that is familiar or has a familiar smell, one that is old, or new, or fully intact, or worse for wear.
- Spend some time in the studio to get to know your object for yourself before everyone shares them with the group. (The reason we do this is to help participants come to understand something for themselves first before they have to bring it to the group.)
- Translate the image into a different material that can help to make meaning and for you to come to know it. You can use your journal or work more three dimensionally. Feel free to use as much or as little of the material as you like.
- When you are done please get into pairs and share your images and objects with one another.
- Come back into the large group and share something of the process, if you are comfortable.
Take a photo of your image/journal reflection and upload
Set to Redo